Medved Trader Forums

XJO Live Feed

ClanTAN

XJO is running in a open portfolio every day from pre open to closing auction has been for months , through all updates to MT it has been the same i.e. if i open chart Xjo at the session open and open again any time during the trading day i always only get 1 candle.

i haven't looked back through the earlier posts but iam sure u posted at one stage that MT can not chart data from Commsec for XJO ( why i do not know as Commsec gives me tick data 4 XJO all day ) i can open raw data and see every tick listed , maybe it is somehow linked to not getting volume on xjo also can not get L2

market depth on XJO but i think for L2 need a differant account for futures , . all other symbols i watch work fine for charting , market depth , raw data. i remember when i was using QT XJO charted fine ( can not remember what data source i was using at that time ) anyway it is not a big issue 4 me just would be nice to use MT for XJO as i am comfortable with MT now and would not need another program open my poor RAM is at its limit now. 

regardz   tony

if I have to guess, your chart is set to US Equities timeframe. Try changing to Australian Equities.

Also, XJO is an index, so you should enter it into the portfolio as $XJO:ASX

Otherwise, when MT tries to backfill, it will not work.

with $XJO:ASX symbol, MT is able to backfill with Google for both intraday and EOD and should properly default timeframes

If Yahoo is selected as backfill source, then the first time you would need to select "Backfill As" and enter $AXJO:ASX as the Backfill As symbol, since AXJO is what Yahoo uses.