Medved Trader Forums

Can't change the frequency

Rob

CAN'T CHANGE THE FREQUENCY

############################

WHEN

#####

I started noticing it yesterday, or the day before, which was shortly after I said "OK"

to an automated update from the previous one to the current version 1.08 170.1018.

SEVERITY

########

Medium. While this one does not crash the application, it severely limits its functionality.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION

####################

In the upper left corner of the (stock) chart, any (stock) chart, you

can select the "Main" tab, and if you do, then you can select "TYPE", "PERIOD", and "FREQ".

Well, 15 minutes ago -- and this is not the first time in the last couple of days --- this "FREQ"

got stuck on its "1-minute" setting, and the "FREQ" drop down menu kept refusing to appear.

HOW TO REPRODUCE THE BUG

###########################

1. Ensure your version number is 1.08.170.1018.

2. Open the application.

3. While the app is still loading, click on (therefore open) any of the (stock) charts you can find

sitting there, minimized, in the lower left corner of your screen.

4. Once the (stock) chart is open, then in the upper left corner of the (stock) chart, select the

"Main" tab.

5. Then select (or make an effort to select) "FREQ".

6. Assuming that earlier you worked with 1-minute charts, at this time you may find that "FREQ"

is stuck on its "1-minute" setting, and that the "FREQ" drop down menu refuses to appear.

7. Should you find this to be true, then close and restart the application. 

8. Sometimes this one time "exit and restart" is all you need.

9. At other times, if this "exit and restart" is no help, then you need to exit and restart the app,

not once, but up to three times.

This is all.

I hope this helps.

Rob

P.S.: Jerry and Mike, I do appreciate the time and effort you and your guys put into designing and

coding the most recent revision of Medved Trader.

However, I don't have to give you any feedback, and you guys don't have to improve,

re-design, or re-code anything at all.

What I would like to see is that - compared to Quote Tracker - your Medved Trader becomes

a better product in every shape and form.

Additionally, let's keep in mind that, by definition, 'all' bug reports tend to be negative,
The issue is that, as to negative stuff, it's human nature that we often fail to see the good

intention(s) behind it.

However, I sincerely would like to see that you will be able to sell your (new MT) software to stockbrokers

such as TD Ameritrade. I would like to see that you succeed, and that your MT is better than your QT.

Rob

I am not able to reproduce this. Please do the following:

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.

Jerry, It worked. However, this export file with the "mtexport" extension that your app generates is weird, like as if it has just come from the NSA

Please help me decode, untangle, or descramble it,

I want to read it, before I send it to you or anyone else..