Medved Trader Forums

IB New Mini Dax Future

Tangeto

Hi

IB will start trading the new Mini Dax future in November. I was wondering how to chart this future. The problems is the symbol IB use for the main Dax future and the mini is the same, to differentiate them you adjust the multiplier to either 25 or 5. Since the symbol " Dax " is used for both I cant work out how to add both to MT. @Daxz15 adds the Main Dec Future but what would add the Mini?

Thanks

Giving it a new symbol would just be too easy. IB has to go with the multiplier. 

I will need to look at it.  Since it is not trading yet,  I assume there is no quote,  so can't really test right now. Do you by chance know of another symbol that is only distinguished by the multiplier?

Its the first time I've come across anything like it. Although notification from IB said 2nd NOV I've got quotes up now with volume so I assume its tradable already although I haven't tried.

It even looks confusing 2 Dax Dec Futures. Like you say whats wrong with a new symbol.