Medved Trader Forums

TD Ameritrade disabling QuoteTracker.....

Jerry Medved

As some of you may already know, TD Ameritrade has been making phone calls to QuoteTracker users to let them know that QT will be disabled on Sept. 1, 2016.

Please note that this only impacts QuoteTracker, NOT Medved Trader.  Please switch to Medved Trader by September if you have not already done so:

http://www.medvedtrader.com/download

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Basically the TDA discontinuing the feed for QuoteTracker has nothing to do with Medved Trader.

On edit: ok, after talking to Jerry, we will need to update your version (I presume it is 1.0.8588.0310) to use MT ID when getting authorization from TDA. It will be done in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a longterm  QuoteTracker  user, using simple price alerts to up to 150 stocks simultaneously. It was practical to enter these alerts by copy and paste from Excel table. I do not know any other software with that practical fast alert entry. But I did not find a similar function in the MedvedTrader, so when TDAmeritrade stops QT, is there any way around this problem? 

we do not currently have the Quick Entry alert screen that you refer to. Will be looking at adding it. 

MT does have a number of different ways to set alerts on multiple symbols though:

• You can set an alert on a list of symbols
  • on a Portfolio, so it applies to all the symbols in the portfolio including any changes you make to the symbols in the port.
  • global, which applies to all symbols getting quotes, in MT

So for example you can define a high/low alert once globally and have it apply to all symbols