Medved Trader Forums

Streaming

Mark P

I opened an account with TradeKing. Put that in the 'Source' drop down.

Put in for streaming, and it does not stream. I have to push the 'Stop' and 'Start' button to update the data.

Would like to get the indexes [Dow, S&P. etc] on the Portfolio screen but cannot seem to find it in the instructions.   Is it available?

TK streaming - its not you. I just reported the issue to them.  As for the indices, We don't currently have an index panel (will be adding that soon). However, do have something similar to the QT Index panel for the time being.  You can do a portfolio with TILE view. Refer to:
http://forums.medvedtrader.com/topic/1133-just-released-new-tile-views/#comment-6304

And

http://forums.medvedtrader.com/topic/1466-index-panel/?do=findComment&comment=7918

The symbols you can enter into that Index Portfolio are:
$DJI for DJ 30 Industrials
$SPX.X for S&P 500 Index
$COMPX for NASDAQ Composite
$VIX.X for CBOE Volatility Index
$DJT for DJ 20 Transportation
$DJU for DJ 15 Utilities
$TNX.X for 10-YR Note
$TYX.X for 30-YR Bond
$FVX.X for 5-YR Note
$IRX.X for 13-Week Bill

New to Trade King and MT. I am using 10 15min in Window. Constantly getting missed candles on some charts , but not all. Constantly turning streaming off/on with switch on master window. With a "Source" window open the bandwidth starts at 4800+ and deteriorates to below 1000. Running in parallel to TOS with no problems.  http://screencast.com/t/VxOe1eFeZKS0

Edited by foxridge

foxridge, I am running MT today with TK datafeed and have not seen issues, but may be something specific to your setup. Can you send me the log file + Settings

go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right
Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.
Export, then email me the exported file please.

Thanks for the extra symbols.

To follow up on foxridge's comments, it does appear as though TK quotes are not streaming as efficiently as they should. Sometimes I do notice that certain very active quotes seem to slow but when I do a "stop/start", the quotes then update. As an example, QQQ has been displaying a volume of 10,333,665 for a few minutes now but after I stop'started MT, the volume is now over 10,380,000. Of course, QQQ trades very actively and should update every few seconds. In summary, the quotes appear to be coming through but there are delays.