Medved Trader Forums

Salvatore

hello, i need help with this from QT to Medved.

i am doing everything manually since there is no import for the paintbars, I have this on the QT paintbar and i need converted to Medved.

Two rules:

if (ABS((Bar Open - Bar Close) /  (Bar High - Bar Low)) <= 0.35) and (Bar Low < EMA(30)) set color to White

if (ABS((Bar Open - Bar Close) /  (Bar High - Bar Low)) <= 0.2) and (Bar Low < EMA(30)) set color to White

I have this for Medved:

Ema_Line parameter 30

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sal

Assuming you have that EMA_Line defined, here is what the code (in Advanced Mode) would look like:

public void MainCalculation()
{
    if ((Math.Abs(Open - Close) / (High - Low)) <= 0.2D && Low < EMA_Line)
    {
        SetColor("Main", Color.White);
    }
    else if ((Math.Abs(Open - Close) / (High - Low)) <= 0.35D && Low < EMA_Line)
    {
        SetColor("Main", Color.White);
    }
}

NOTE: you are setting it to White in both situations - I assume you want to set it to different colors. You can change them as needed. Also, right now in the example I defined one named color ("Main"), so when you add the paintbar to the chart and look at the parameters, there will be a color box defaulted to White, but which you can change. That way you do not have to hardcode the color in the Paintbar definition. If you use 2 different names in the 2 IF statements above, then there will be 2 defined colors and you would be able to set them in the chart indicator parameters independently.

• Like 1