Medved Trader Forums

IB Data Feed Service Change

soulfire

Interactive Brokers is ending the "US Securities & Futures Value Bundle for Non-Professionals" on March 1st: http://ibkb.interactivebrokers.com/article/2830

It will be replaced by "US Securities Snapshot & Futures value Bundle for Non Professionals" which will now only provide "snapshot" quotes for NYSE,AMEX, and NASDAQ data rather than RT quote stream as before.

One will have to subscribe separately to NYSE,AMEX,and NASDAQ to receive their RT stream quote feeds at additional cost of $1.50 each. 

Since Medved Trader uses "smart quotes" which is non source specific, if one is trading stocks using MT's charts rather than IB's, and has sign ups with other brokerage accounts such as Trade King, Ameritrade, etc.., MT charting of stock data should be unaffected with just having IB's snapshot data feed package since MT will get the RT stream stock quotes from the other available sources while just getting the futures stream data from IB?

I hope my question isn't too convoluted. =)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm using forex with IB, but the price updates come in only minute by minute.  In other words, the backfill and historical backfill do not trigger populating the chart, even when manually requested.  using #GBP.USD .  Double checked the IB API setup against the image Jerry uploaded elsewhere on this forum.  Also checked MT File-settings-configure accounts.  Root cause possibly my IB subscription?