Medved Trader Forums

#BITCOIN QUOTES

kalmen

TD Ameritrade datafeed does not support Crypto Currency quotes. You would need to select a source that does.

Assuming that you are tracking regular stocks at the same time, create a separate portfolio for just crypto currencies.
Add #BTC.USD and any other crypt currencies you want to it. . 
Open it in a separate portfolio window (OPEN PORTFOLIO tile on the dashboard). 
Set that portfolio's quote source to be one of the crypto currency sites. All are free and do not require login. For example, you can use GDAX

Thanks, I forgot I had the WRONG data-source!  GEEZ!!

Since I do have an account at Coinbase, is it possible to setup to trade thru Coinbase..... "ONLY" at the portfolio window that has the data-feed from GDAX? I do not want the other portfolio windows to be able to trade thru GDAX

You should be able to login to GDAX with the coinbase account and then setup the needed API keys. Refer to https://medvedtrader.com/gdax

As for trading, that is not tied to portfolio. You can have multiple trade tickets, account view windows open, each with a different account, so you can trade through multiple accounts from multiple brokers at the same time

I don't know what quotes you are seeing but those are not bitcoin quotes, or they are not updated by TD Ameritrade. If you have #BTC.USD in the portfolio getting quotes from TD Ameritrade, TDA will NOT update them. However, if you also have another portfolio open getting quotes on #BTC.USD from GDAX for example, then the symbol #BTC.USD will get updated in both locations.  However the quotes would be coming from GDAX