Medved Trader Forums

Create Scanners

11 hours ago, CryptoDips said:

One White Soldier - RED candle and a GREEN candle in which the GREEN candle opens above the preceding RED candle's close and closes above its open.

Ok so let's take this one.

1st rule: red candle followed by green one

(Close>Open && Close[1]<Open[1])

2nd rule: green candle's open above preceding red candle's close

(Open > Close[1])

3rd rule: green candle's close is above previous candle's open

if (Close > Open[1])

So you can do this using 4 rules in a Simple editor, or in Advanced you can do this:

if (Close>Open && Close[1]<Open[1] && Open > Close[1] && Close > Open[1])

hmm ok so 
if (Open < Close && Close > High[1] && Open < Low[1] && Open[1] > Close[1])
1. Does this mean that the previous RED candle will be totally engulfed in the current Green Candle?
2. How would I scan for a Green Candle with NO Low Wick and Green Candle with NO High Wick (Hoji Candle Pattern)?
3. How can I scan for candles who's body are less than 20%-30% (Hammer Candle Pattern)?

Also These are the Images of the Bullish Candlestick Patterns I need... This would be a great help to all that use MT if we can figure out how to succesfully scan these reversal single, two and three candle stick patterns...

Candlestick-Cheat-Sheet_web-01.jpg

7 hours ago, CryptoDips said:

hmm ok so 
if (Open < Close && Close > High[1] && Open < Low[1] && Open[1] > Close[1])
1. Does this mean that the previous RED candle will be totally engulfed in the current Green Candle?
2. How would I scan for a Green Candle with NO Low Wick and Green Candle with NO High Wick (Hoji Candle Pattern)?
3. How can I scan for candles who's body are less than 20%-30% (Hammer Candle Pattern)?

1. I just took the rules you gave and translated them exactly. See, there is no "engulfed" in the language. You just compare values.

For example (High<High[1] && Low>Low[1]) would mean the current candle is inside the high-low range of the previous one.

2.  Green candle with no low wick would be  (Low == Open). Green candle with no high wick would be (Close = High).  See how this works?

3. Less than 20-30% of what? See, you have to formulate the criteria in exact terms (20-30% is not an exact term) in order to write code to detect them.

1. ok so how would I code candle body is less than 30%, which would make it a hammer or an inverse hammer candle in the above image???

Ok you mean the body vs the high/low range?  (Math.Abs(Open-Close)<0.3*(High-Low))

2. also how would I code if there is a gap between 2 candles like the morningstar 3 candle pattern in the above image?

for going down: (Open<Math.Min(Open[1], Close[1]))

3. Also, how would I code a Doji or Spinning Top Candle.

You would have to clearly define what Doji candle is. If it is one where there are wicks, but no body, it would be something like

(Open==Close && High>Close && Low<Close)

2 hours ago, CryptoDips said:

1. Do you know a way that I can scan if  a symbol is in an uptrend
ex: i have an EMA13 and EMA34, I want to scan when the EMA13 starts moving up???

In a simple rule, just compare EMA(13) one candle ago to EMA(13) on current candle. If the one candle ago is less than current, it is moving up.

If you want to check a local minimum, you can check if the value 2 candles ago was higher than 1 candle ago, and the value 1 candle ago is lower than current.

1 hour ago, CryptoDips said:

Hello,

How do I show my scanner alerts log???

Do you mean showing them in the portfolio?

https://www.medvedtrader.com/trader/WebHelp/showing_the_scan_results_in_th.htm

Or you could set up an alert to let you know.

https://www.medvedtrader.com/trader/WebHelp/scan_alerts.htm

If you setup an alert it should show up by going to the "Dashboard" and then "Alert Log".

Edited by L W

53 minutes ago, CryptoDips said:

No the Scan Log meaning that shows all the symbols that were scanned, or maybe its the scan history log?

If you want to view a scan log then add an alert to the scan.  Click on Params after loading up a scan in the scanner.  Add the alert the way you want them to show.  The scan alert results will then be added to the Alert Log.

ScreenHunter_03 Jan. 29 19.19.jpg