Medved Trader Forums

"Free Version of MT" now has serious limitations?

ex_hacker202

MT locked up overnight, and when I restarted this morning I got two warning/error messages:

Free Medved Trader accounts cannot have more than 20 symbols displayed in each portfolio. Please change your account one of the get paid subscription plans to get rid of this and other restrictions.

And the attached screencap saying "free accounts cannot have more than two portfolio windows open" - this is intolerable - who instigated this change? I will close my Ally Invest account (just added more cash in it to started trading, now this?!?) if I cannot view my entire IRA holdings in a portfolio view, and my portfolio watchlist had at least 30 symbols as well. Wonder if this is possibly related to me still running MT on VIsta and not being able to log in to Ally Invest from the VIsta PC?

Wait a second - to test that theory I just opened MT on the Win10 box, it asked to install an update, so I did it, now on Win10 box no warning messages or limits on portfolios - so is this an update issue (have not updated main app on Vista box), or an Ally login problem? I'm still a week or two away from moving to the Win10 box at a minimum, been much more difficult than I expected, plus spending way more time on other things than normal.

MT error.jpg

Well, that's the problem - on Vista SP1 I can't log in to my Ally Invest account, so can't pull up the Ally account view - appears something got broken somehow, although things worked fine after I installed the latest update you sent me on 12/21/17 for the TDA data source problem - which reminds me of something - it happened again this morning, TDA real time data wasn't updating, showed yesterday's close, and when I restarted MT that's when I saw the free portfolio restrictions. And as I mentioned above the same thing happened this morning on my Win10 box, where I do log in to Ally Invest on startup - only when I installed the latest update did the "limited portfolio view" stuff go away on the Win10 box. Guess I should try installing the latest update on the Vista PC and see if that helps, or do you want me to email you the log file again first?