Medved Trader Forums

Missing news alert

The news alerts trigger per alert per symbol. You already had that alert triggered for that symbol about 4 hours earlier ("Globe says Aurora in friendly talks with Medreleaf") and the alert was never cleared and you don't have your alerts set to auto clear after any period. Once an alert for a symbol is triggered, it will not trigger again until it is cleared

So basically if during the day there were many  news alerts  and I closed the pop up for the first one but didn't go into the alert manager and cleared alerts I would not see another news instance for that symbol?

eg stock halted then unhalted

New  pops up for stock being halted, I close the dialog or the timeout occurs

I don't go to alert manager and clear all alerts by clicking clear

News comes for the unhalt, I wouldn't get an alert for that stock.

Jeff

K this is likely due to me setting my news alerts to only close manually instead of after a period of time. 

Is there a way to have the alert clear after x minutes but the dialog popup box with the news stay up till closed?  Maybe an enhancement request to add another check box in the alerts setup to make this possible?

Think I already asked this but is there a way to get a view in the news window of all the symbols news rather then just the active one? Tired control selecting multiple symbols but that doesn't work.

Jeff

41 minutes ago, makincash said:

is there a way to get a view in the news window of all the symbols news rather then just the active one? Tired control selecting multiple symbols but that doesn't work.

You can open the "All News" window from the dashboard.

You cannot clear the alert and still have the popup visible. The Alert Log is the more persistent display intended for that. 

40 minutes ago, makincash said:

If I close the symbols popup box for news does that not clear the symbols news flag so new news should pop up currently?

closing the popup doesn't clear any flags. It does NOT turn off the alert

I see that I can search "news" in the alert window but its not very visual friendly since things are different lengths. ie titles start at different places on each line.

All news isn't quite what I am looking for since it has news about all stocks even ones not in my portfolios.  Something along the same lines as all news but for all Portfolios news would be great. :)

Using the clear button on the alert pop ups doesn't really fit the bill either since I may leave  a bunch of dialog boxes open  till I get around to reading them then I miss the news alerts coming after them.  A work around  is to click news and then always check the symbols current news, but in that case I always get a new news window pop open instead of the one I already have open so I have to close the new one once I look.

Jeff