Medved Trader Forums

New Version Update Problem

soulfire

I received notice tonight that a new update version was available for download, so I clicked to accept the upgrade.

When the program updated/restarted, I noticed the following issues:

1) Not all settings were transferred from the last version.

I have my backup setting to include quote data and to backup on exit. The settings had changed to default- backup on start and not including quote data. I'm being asked to relogin to my data and brokerage accounts. Program is stating it's seeing brokerage data accounts for the first time and asking if I want to configure.

2) I'm not able to see my entire previously saved quote  data. I only see about 10 days of data rather that the full set of maximum data I had accumulated for futures.

There's a licensing agreement window I check through. I then use import/restore on a saved dataset to see if that will work to restore my data. When the program restarts, it puts be back at square one with being required to log into my Tradeking(Ally) account again and my other brokerage account, followed by "first time log in" messages and request for configuration options. The data is still limited to just a few days and not showing the full data set.

I tried saving the account and reopening and that didn't bring me back to having to login again, but the data was still missing.

I tried one more backup and it brought me back to default initial login screens again.

1) You do not want to downgrade. The new version changes how some stuff is stored. Old version will no longer work

2) Please send us the backup file in question (last backup on the old version). if it is more than 10M, send using https://www.wetransfer.com or something like dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

3) in addition to sending the backup file, I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add the Post URL in the comment.  Do not check any check-boxes.

Similar experience to Soulfire's:

Updated to latest version yesterday, everything broke afterwards, loads couple of my chart windows that are empty, no portfolio, won't login, has a startup wizard but clicking wizard next does not work,  no icon now assigned to MT.

Sent copy via help menu but have no idea if it was really sent as MT is so broken.

Several times tried logoff/logon after waiting awhile, still broke.

Edited by QTuser

did you get a prompt to reboot during the update? If so, did you? 
do this - run the install again (get it from https://medvedtrader.com/download) then select FILE / IMPORT and import, select the BACKUP folder and import the last backup PRIOR to the update.
if still no go, same instructions as what I gave before. I did not get anything from you previously. please send via HELP menu and do NOT check any checkboxes when sending.

There is a problem when I start up the program. Sometimes it starts with no issues, and other times it goes into "initial start mode" where it asks for my brokerage login data, give's me "first time" notifications, and I have to complete the license agreement window and generate a sample portfolio. When this happens the dashboard settings have also been reset to default values with my prior settings erased.

An example would be I choose 120 days on chart data, backups include quote/window data on exit, save on close, 11 max backups.

When I saved and reopened the file, the settings were intact and everything proceeded as expected. I saved and when I opened the file again later I got the initial start mode with logins/authorization required and the settings now reverted back to 60 days chart data, backups on start that don't include quote/window data, 10 max backups. Once I reapply the settings, I can see all the data.

I'm not sure if there is a pattern to when settings persist or not. Will explore more on Sunday to see if there is one.

DLed mt-Latest.exe, ran it, launched it and have exactly same screen as before, startup wizard, TDameritrade login fail window, level II window empty, chart window empty .... should I still attempt to do the file import??

TIA

Edit: Clicking file tab located on dashboard does nothing except make the setup wizard header flash with a one time audio alert.

Perhaps also of note, as mentioned ONLY the above items automatically load, I have to click on the win 7 taskbar pinned MT and select dashboard (for it to display on monitor) and then attempt to select the dashboard file dropdown menu.

Edited by QTuser

I've been opening/exiting and reopening several times today and so far so good - it's saving my settings and not reverting back to the initial start sequence. I will forward the log if/when it happens again.

As an aside, I notice the time it takes to save the data is now shorter and it also takes up less drive space. Nice!

Appearance is now as it should be, will find out if alls well while in use tommorrow.

So the inability for MT to recognize a click on the wizard setup next button on the original update was the root issue??

Thx

PS what specific changes in user agreement that required a new user acknowledgement?

QTUser - I thought the problem was clicking on the FILE menu, not the wizard. only thing I can think of is if there was some login box up.

there were no changes in the user agreement. MT always brings it up if it is started without existing user settings, which it assumes is the first time. In your case, the user settings got reset due to an error.