Medved Trader Forums

Medvedtrader using Quotestream datafeed

merlin8121

I woul like to share my impressions of the new datafeed fo MT.

I was trying it yesterday after the signup.

My choice was  Nyse/Amex/Nasdaq quotes , for 120 symbols (they have several choices up to more than 1200 symbols) 

Until last week i was using IB quotes.

My first impression  is QT quotes are much more faster than IB quotes, maybe even faster than IQfeed . Quotes cover all day long of trading (from pre to post market included) and are tick byt tick.

I was trying them connecting Trade Ideas with Medvedtrader (with the external link directed to the time and sales of the MT platform). The speed loading charts was fantastic compared with the speed of loading them with IB.

Considering the cost (28 usd ) , i think  is a must for those who use MT and strongly recommend to try them. The savings comparing with IQfeed are enormous.

Plus, once they will activate the lvl 2 feed service and news, with just 15/20 usd the circle will be complete.

merlin8121,

I  couldn't find any info about Quotestream, looked up the datafeed/brokers section. Using IB/IQFeed, and as you mentioned, IQFeed is getting prizy.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS I did find it in the Settings/Data Sources/Configure Accounts.

https://www.medvedtrader.com/www/frontend/datasource

Edited by slowflyer

1 hour ago, slowflyer said:

merlin8121,

I  couldn't find any info about Quotestream, looked up the datafeed/brokers section. Using IB/IQFeed, and as you mentioned, IQFeed is getting prizy.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS I did find it in the Settings/Data Sources/Configure Accounts.

https://www.medvedtrader.com/www/frontend/datasource

Hi!

Look there, but under subscription.  you will see quotestream connect New!.

Click the link and it will open a page for sign up, with choices and price. If you as me was using IB and IQfeed in the past, you will certainly enjoy with Quotestream pricing and quality.

config accounts.png

Edited by merlin8121

No idea  for the exchanges:)

As for the lvl 2, Jerry said is an administrative issue. Dont know more.

But once lvl2 will be active,  Nyse,Nasdaq,Amex  with lvl 2 should cost about 48 usd only for 120 symbols (you can choice how many symbols you want). Just for comparison, IQfeed cost with lvl 2  about 140 usd (for 500 symbols yes, but who needs so many symbols in portfolio?)

Edited by merlin8121

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, slowflyer said:

Signed up with QuoteMedia QuoteStream for a year (pay for 10 months, 2 months free).

Fast backfill on intra-day and historical charts.

Impressed also with the price, 1/3 of what I've been paying IQFeed. 

Mhh, how you subscribed for a year (with 2 months free to quotemedia datafeed? , i cant see that option )

Hi merlin8121,

sorry it took me so long to reply, but I had a billing error with QS, they only charged me for a month, not the full year.

That issue is now solved, and they charged me $272.14 for the full year, 2 months free.

The option to pay for a full year appeared when I initially signed up with QS, an awesome savings over IQfeed. 

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Currently testing the scanner with the 1200 symbols subscription. The results are fantastic.

I made some videos (without sound) to show the scanner running.  

Considering the cost (with about 25% discount applied for the datafeed) , its even better than Trade Ideas in some ways. 

• Like 1

No more discounts applied. Now they charge the full price. 123usd for 1200 symbols with nasdaq, amex and nyse. At this price is not feasible to use as a scan with a big datafeed, compared to Trade Ideas (about 80 /month , or tc2000 from 45usd). 

I think a feature similar to Ninjatrader market scan to  filter gainers/losers , unusual volu etc is needed asap. With a feature like this , a 300 symbol datafeed should be enough to handle the entire market.

Edited by merlin8121

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been using IQFeed with QuoteTrader for as long as I can remember. Payed for 88USD/month for IQFeed (Reduced price for QuoteTrader users) . Recently switched to MedVedTrader. Now considering switching to QuoteStreamConnect.

Need some help:

1) Which US data subscriptions do I need to trade US stocks and monitor ETFs?

Obviously NASDAQ Level 1 Equities Real-Time  
and
NYSE Level 1 Equities Real-Time

What is in the the other choices that most of us stock and ETF traders really need?

NYSE American Level 1 Equities Real-Time  1.00
CSMI Indexes (MDX) Real-Time  2.60
CME S&P Base Indices (S&P 500/100 Only) Real-Time  3.00
CME S&P Complete Indices Real-Time  4.0