Medved Trader Forums

Problem backfilling charts for Binance?

Jason

Hello, I'm having a problem getting charts to display with full data for Binance. I gotten and verified my Binance account and can open a symbol in a chart but only candles created live from the moment I opened the chart are visible regardless of the time and period settings I set for the chart. Selecting backfill doesn't populate the chart with any OHLC data. Is this normal for Binance and am I required to find an alternate source of prior data or maybe there is something obvious I'm missing? I have set up Binance for both trading and data. This is happening on any currency pair I enter.

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

I just checked and it is working OK here. NOTE: the version originally used defaulted the backfill # of days to 10. That is way too long for Binance - would take extreme amount of time to backfill each symbol.  Please go to FILE / SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES, Configure Accounts, click on BINANCE and change the Intraday Backfill # of days to 1 or 2.  click OK and just to check - restart MT. and try again. Let me know if it works. 

if it does not work after that then please send me the log:
Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add this Post’s URL in the comment.  Do not check any check-boxes.