Medved Trader Forums

Average Entry Price

bigt11

I am buying crypto and I can't seem to find what my average entry price is.  I am buying BTC with USD.  I have multiple filled buy entries at X amount of Satoshi's.  I want to know what my average USD entry price is.  I cant seem to find any of that info in the positions tab under account view.  

Crypto exchanges do not return "position" data. They just return how much of a particular currency you own. So there is no way for us to get the average price. Plus, you can get BTC various ways - you can "Buy" BTC.USD, you can SELL ETH.BTC. Both will result in BTC in your account, but there is no common "Price" for it.

I guess that makes sense but the data to get the calculation seems like it exists in the transactions tab.  It does show quantity of BTC bought and the "Limit" shows at what price it was bought at.  Maybe a feature would be, If I select some of those entries, maybe somewhere it would be able to tell me an average price of the selected??  

Untitled-1.jpg