Medved Trader Forums
tommyjames

MT causing TWS to take focus

Hi,

MT seems to be causing TWS to pop in front of everything else and take focus.  So if you are typing in MT (or any other application), TWS pops in front of everything else and now you are typing in TWS.  I have been working with IB on this for a few days.

Thanks

just to check - if you click on TWS so it has focus, then click on a browser window, or some other non-MT window, then switch to MT without switching back to TWS, does the problem still happen?

dont know then. if MT is just sitting there getting data from TWS, it can't do anything to cause other windows to come to front. If you are doing trading, I can see maybe if TWS is doing a notification, where it gets focus. 

having an account setup does not have any impact on anything unless MT is trying to actually connect to it. On the dashboard, click on SOURCES. Do you see an entry for the 2nd account?

OK, that is the cause. MT tries to connect every few minutes, which is probably why the focus thing occurs. 

You have that account selected in one of the open windows - maybe trading on chart or something like that?

I closed everything but one chart and one portfolio.  The portfolio is getting data from TDAmeritrade and I disabled chart trading.  I also disabled the account not in use.  It still occurs.  It makes MT unusable.

ok, then I wouldn't expect any change either. you have that account selected somewhere. Until it is unselected and MT is restarted, you are going to continue having problems. If you cannot find it, send me your settings.