Medved Trader Forums

Master Trade lock/unlock button

makincash

Question

Would it be possible to add a button to lock/unlock being able to action trades?  Quite often I am working on other things during the day and could accidentally click a buy or sell button when I minimize another window or move one.   A lock button would be great as a safety feature. Thinking just somewhere in the dashboard window. Even one in each trade window that worked independently would be cool but probably overkill.

3 answers to this question

That means if you want to trade fast you can't or you have to go back into the setting and adjust. My thought about a lock/unlock button that is easily accessible is so you can temporarily lock out any accidental trades across the board.  

Eg kid jumps in  your lap and is going to try and start hitting keys or clicking buttons.  or you are working on something else and go to minimize a window to get back to what you were working on in medved which is still open on some windows so you can keep an eye on it in the background.

If you turn on confirmations you are then prompted every time you make a trade and if you have many accounts and trade windows for the same stock across which you are trading at once then you would have to deal with a confirmation for everyone all the time.

Just a thought... would be really useful for me.

Would be less of a concern if there was some way to group minimize /maximize trade windows seperate from the rest of medved.  But currently if you have 10+ trade windows open it is a pain to try and minimize each one then if you need to trade quickly be able to go back and maximize them all.