Medved Trader Forums

Times and Sales (Interactive Brokers)

dasrs

Hi, i think times and sales window in medved trader is not working properly. I am aware that level 2 data is not working properly because of IB API, but ts isn't really level 2 data. I'm getting these empty rows, or sometimes nonsense 300k orders and i can tell it differs from IB ts window quite a lot sometimes. Also what are those grey prints ?  I'm subscribed to full l2 depth at IB. Really amazing software, i hope this is just some glitch so i can continue using it. :) 

ts.png

First, the raw data window in MT is not tied to Level II in any way. it just shows all the quotes  that come in on the Level I window. in your case, your case, you have the BID/ASK columns hidden, so that hides the meaning of the empty rows. MT raw data shows you when just the bid/ask changed. In that case, the volume and LAST will be empty and just the bid/ask are shown. Since you have them hidden, it just looks like an empty row. If you set the filtering to TRADES, it will hide that.

As for the volume - The raw data is showing the change in volume from one quote to another. Keep in mind that IB is not a tick by tick datafeed. So each row could represent multiple trade. Also if there was an interruption in quotes or if for some reason the cumulative volume for a symbol jumped, you would see the increase like the 30K one you pointed to.  

in TWS, they do let you see a tick by tick T&S, but that is a custom feed specific to IB and limited in number that can be subscribed, so we cannot use that. MT just subscribes to their regular Level I quotes