Medved Trader Forums

Yahoo commodity and dollar history / names

makincash

For any of the commodity futures  symbols here https://finance.yahoo.com/commodities/ I am able to pull them up in Medved by assigning a portfolio to yahoo which is showing current price information.  However the name column doesn't populate, is there any way to have it populated?

I don't see any historical chart data for them either.  For example I have had XAUUSD=X in  my watch list for quite some time but the historical chart is empty.

1) you should use MT symbol format instead of Yahoo's. Otherwise some stuff in MT will not work right, like default timeframes.  So for that symbol, should use
#XAU.USD

2) Names - odd. We request "longName" but for some they don't return it. Updated. Will be in next update.

3) historical data - they are not returning data for that symbol for our request. on the site you also see something similar. YTD reutrns a chart, but 1year or 5years dos not. Can't do anything about that. Other symbols work fine.