Medved Trader Forums

DOM orders not displayed on Chart (and some other nuances)

Doug Hayman

Hi Jerry,

I'm paper trading the MES eMicro on IB.  When I add a limit order on the DOM and click the GREEN checkmark to submit order to broker, the order is delivered to my broker fine, but several things are not happening:

1) The Limit order is not displayed visually on either my intraday or historical chart;

2) The Limit order on the DOM remains in the BUY ORDER (or SELL ORDER) column.  and does not display as it should in the BUYS (or SELLS) column;

The Limit Order executes at defined limit price at IB, shows up in my MT and IB ACCOUNT VIEW OK, but the order remains in the DOM in the BUY ORDER (or SELL ORDER) column.

Any clue here?

Thanks in advance.

1) make sure that each chart is enabled for trading, has the correct account selected, and on the OPTIONS, has the trading options, "Adjust Scale/Trans" is selected

2) that is not how DOM window works. The order does not change locations. It just changes colors. 

3) the order remains on DOM after executing - Yes, but does it show that it is filled? and does it hide after 20 seconds or whatever period you set on SETTINGS / TRADING / GENERAL for "# of seconds that a filled order remains on the Chart/DOM"

Jerry,

1) Both my charts are enabled for Trading;

2) The submitted order does NOT change color.

3) The DOM does NOT show that order is filled.  The original limit order (which never changed color) is remaining in the BUY ORDER (or SELL ORDERS) DOM column.  Also, it does NOT hide after 20 seconds (which is my default setting).

So, I used DOM with ticker SPY, and all works correctly.  The problem is occurring with IB symbol @MES19:GLOBEX.

ok, that is why. I will check on it.

2 minutes ago, Doug Hayman said:

P.S.  When I use symbol "@MES19:*5", then the DOM and Charts behave fine.  Is that the symbol nomenclature I should be using for the micros?

shouldn't have to. I will check why that is happening.  You should just use @MES19