Medved Trader Forums

Minimized chart windows can't restore or move

stargazer

23 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

this is a Windows 10 issue, not MT. One of the updates screwed that up. However, one of the subsequent updates fixed it. Check if there are further updates for your Windows setup

Did all the Win 10 updates but didn't fix the problem.

the "fix" in windows 10 was just a guess cause I saw it disappear after one of them on my computer. This happens if you have the chart windows set to not show as separate icons on the task bar and then minimize. A workaround would be to change the setting in MT to allow separate icons for "Child windows" (SETTINGS / APPLICATION / GENERAL) and then just let Windows group them together on the task bar.

22 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

the "fix" in windows 10 was just a guess cause I saw it disappear after one of them on my computer. This happens if you have the chart windows set to not show as separate icons on the task bar and then minimize. A workaround would be to change the setting in MT to allow separate icons for "Child windows" (SETTINGS / APPLICATION / GENERAL) and then just let Windows group them together on the task bar.

Thanks...that's functional

• 2 years later...
On 6/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, Jerry Medved said:

Hey Jerry,

I have the same problem and I tried what you mentioned but still it didn't work.

The problem only occurs if I minimize the chart and close MT. It won't occur if I don't close MT.