Medved Trader Forums

Confliction with Locked Hotkeys

Jason

Hi, was wondering if there is any way I can un-assign the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey for charts? I have dozens of charts open in my setup and I am using scripting software to to get MT to play well with my brokerage and data feed software and I need the hotkeys CTRL+SHIFT as a part of a lot of the hotkeys I use. Every time I am using CTRL+SHIFT for my purposes I see a flicker/disturbance across my MT charts and aside from being pointless and very annoying I believe it is affecting performance. I found that CTRL-SHIFT is locked for some reason to initiate a "Force a Stop/Limit Order" for some reason in the Charts category.

CTRL and shift have a number of key functionalities and cannot be changed. what you are seeing is that it toggles the display of the trace info on the charts. If you have trace set to not show, holding down CTRL+SHIFT will show it and vice versa.  trading stuff too... It is very specific key functionality and cannot be changed.