Medved Trader Forums

Shares outstanding disappeared for multiple stocks after update

ex_hacker202

I just noticed that shrs out (and therefor market cap) disappeared for multiple symbols, and hist. backfill using all four sources available to me does not resolve the problem - I know one of the stocks, AMRN, used to have bad shrs out data, MT showed 150k when there are 353M, but now multiple symbols are just blank. I understand that CEFs and ETFs have always had this issue, but regular stocks did not - what happened? Here are some of the symbols where shrs out no longer appear, and these are just ones I either own or have on a watchlist, I'll bet there are many others with the same problem:

AMRN

CSCO

GLNG

MTNB

QRVO

SRPT

Ah, I did it wrong - not backfill or historical backfill, need to change the data feed to Ally - I use TDA as default because those are my main accounts, will stay switched to Ally from now on - thanks. Still have a problem with 3 symbols - all CEFs but PCI and LDP now show shrs out (anther Pimco CEF PDI is ok), and AMRN again shows 150k shrs out, real number is ~358M. Ally shows the wrong number on it's website, but MT isn't even picking that up - Yahoo and TDA show the same number for AMRN on their websites, but not in MT:

Ally - Shares Outstanding (MRQ)    330.9M

TDA - Shares Outstanding     358.9M

Yahoo - Shares Outstanding 5    358.91M

Curious why you say TDA doesn't provide that data - on TDA and Ally you have to get a symbol quote then click on a tab "Fundamentals" to find shrs out - perhaps that's not how MT gets the data, meaning it's in a separate data stream?

You don't need to keep the source switched. Once you get the quotes from Yahoo or Ally, you can switch back to TDA and the shares outstanding will remain there. Just won't update till next time, but that column does not update often anyway

Ameritrade and probably Ally websites use a different source than the API data. TDA streaming data does not have that info.