Medved Trader Forums

No Login to Ameritrade EOM

QTuser

Message "TDAmeritrade faulted". No changes made to MT since run yesterday.

using version 1.1.8900.4 x64. if I check latest updates MT indicates this is latest version.

loading another version outside of MT would be cumbersome as this is a locked down win7 virtualbox guest on a mint 19.3 base pc. the only thing run on this virtualbox guest is MT,

Edited by QTuser

Thx

Thought there was a box for betas and had already looked at general page several times ... had not noticed the slider bar and only last line not showing .... happens to be the box for betas.

Allowed betas, clicked updates. let MT update and reboot, same issue.

Manually rebooted, and still no login with message TDAmeritrade Problem Notication, TDAmeritrade faulted.

New version 1.1.8946.1.x54

Edited by QTuser

Hello,

I am having the same problem of the other member. This is the first time MT ask me for a Security Question, and as I respond correctly and click Continue, nothing happens.

When I login directly into my TDA account, all works perfectly.

You can see on the image I send that the TDA logo image doesn't work properly. I don't know why.

I am running Windows 7, latest version of Firefox, latest version of MT(did what you suggested to the other member without success), and my Etrade login also faulted.

Please advise what should I try.

I didn't change anything on my PC since months. Never had a problem with MT until today when I started MT.

TIA for any help.

MedvedTrader TDA login faulted.jpg

Ok, so as my IE can't open https websites, I can't use MT anymore. Very  sad. I used QT since the beginning and also MT since the beginning. Now I need to find something else.

I am not a techy guy, but, I don't understand why a software should be based in a browser that is obsolete and a large percentage of the people do not use anymore.

Probably there is a good reason for that.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time.

Cheers

if you need a datafeed for the time being, you can use Webull - sign up redirect at https://medvedtrader.com/webullsignup (free, don't need the brokerage account, though can use one)

As for trading your Ameritrade account, if on login TDA does not prompt for security stuff, MT will not use the IE stuff. but otherwise, has to.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

1) IE should work on Windows 7 IF you have everything updated. Make sure you have all the Windows 7 updates.

2) keep in mind that Windows 7 is obsolete itself - no longer supported.  

I've updated my Windows, and IE to the latest versions, and it worked. I can already open the TDA https URL, but, I can't login, anyway the MT works again, so I am very happy.

True, Windows 7 is obsolete itself, but when something works well, I don't change anything :)

Just wanted to say thank you for your help.

Hello,

Now that I am updating my Windows daily, I am getting errors on MT.

I just got this error when I opened my MT a few minutes ago:

Medved Trader encountered an Error

The Windows Layout loading had a problem.  The number of windows created does not match the layout

Please contact Medved Trader technical support and provide the error details

AppVer: 1.1.9000.2 Err.Flags: Log, ShowToUser
Expected 9 windows in the layout.
Opened 7 Windows

Apparently MT is working, but, I will only be 100% sure when the market opens.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, Mike Medved said:

Dr - all online brokerages are increasing their security, thus these extra hoops to jump through.

I was going to start a new topic about this new TDA issue but found this thread - every time I start MT TDA makes me answer a security question and ticking the "trust this device" does nothing - in browsers usually you only have to do that once and a cookie gets set, but for some reason the MT ==> IE ==> TDA connection doesn't "remember" that you've already verified the device. Is this an MT issue or a TDA issue? Of note, I have not had to answer a security question to access my TDA account using Firefox. Is there maybe a security setting in IE I need to modify, perhaps allowing 3rd party cookies be kept permanently or something similar?