Medved Trader Forums

No Login to Ameritrade EOM

QTuser

Restoring settings between startups meaning what, exactly? I have MT set up to open up exactly the way it was closed, which used to mean auto-login to TDA and Ally. There's actually something identical going on with the Ally website - I sometimes have to use a Chrome-based browser to access it because they occasionally run these annoying redirect script promos that my version of Firefox can't handle, leaving me stuck in limbo until I log on and say "no thanks" using the Chrome browser, - but every time I try to log in it's doing the same thing TDA is doing from within MT  - this does not happen if I go to Ally using my old version of Firefox after I decline the promo offer in the other browser. I only have an emergency use cell phone so I can't get a security code texted to me, so every time they run one of those stupid promos I need to reverify the Chrome browser by calling Ally and having them give me a security code over the phone - REALLY annoying! A clue to what's going on may be one last piece of info - I hate IE, but I can log into Ally on IE without getting this security verification screen - again, I suspect it may be some cookie- type issue, although the Chrome settings are wide open for cookies. Note that even the script Ally uses on their security screen if broken - clicking on "Send Security Code" gives me an error msg, doesn't ask me where I want it sent despite the fact that I have two email addresses set up within Ally for Security Code Delivery Options.

image.png.36afdd06b7a32ca27294ab444d9e6f99.png

image.png

Edited by ex_hacker202
duplicate image

the TDA and Ally login issues are probably related, but let's stay on TDA for the time being. Please do this - close and restart MT. though through the security code stuff with TDA login.  

Now close and restart it again and again go through the steps.

Now send me the log/settings:
Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add Post’s URL in the comment. 

I think the update may have fixed the TDA issue - noticed something new prior to updating that caused the TDA security login problem today (I was premature saying "hey, no problem anymore!) - MT opened fine this morning, it was only when I tried to open L2 for a stock this afternoon that the TDA stuff occurred, whereas last week it was doing it right after starting MT up. Weirdness all around. Will send the log if it happens again, thanks for the help.