Medved Trader Forums

Save # of shares to be traded per stock symbol

ahujat

Is there a  way to save the quantity to be trader per stock symbol? I trade MSFT and AMZN. Now the quantity to be traded for MSFT can't be same as AMZN. They are more like 10:1 ratio. But everytime I restart the applicatio, the quantity is set to my default of 100.

Also, another issue, is that I have long term position in a stock and sometimes I day trade that too. But the default for that ticker is the amount of shares I hold in my account and not the default of 100. e.g. if I hold 500 shares of AAPL. after restart, the trade ticket defaults to 500 and not 100.

you probably have minimum # of shares set to 100 or something like that - SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS - click on your trading account, then on the right side, click on the PRICES tab. There you will find the rules used for determining the default QTY. 

That same screen has a checkbox to default based on your Position. If you uncheck that, then it will not be used in the default calc.

implemented it. If you go to SETTINGS / TRADING / GENERAL and check the box for “Do not default QTY on the trade ticket” it will not default the quantity on DOM, CHARTS, Level II and remember the last used setting.

Will be in the next update. Emailed you an update meanwhile. 

• Like 1