Medved Trader Forums

Ameritrade volume reporting on ES

stock777

Some issues today where during parts of the day, the volume via the API is reported much too low on Futures.

Checked with the TOS platform and volume there is normal

Here  ES chart  , just after 3:40 or so, that big drop /.    Saw it earlier in the day too.   Probably something on their end, but just a heads up

image.png.5a7122909026e0b0671c2ba5ef9abff5.png

On TDA I've been getting this same problem with some stocks while the US markets are open.  If I clear out some of the data it will refill correctly.   Only the Intraday charts seem to be acting this way.  My time frame are 15 min and 240 min charts.  The Historical charts seem to be working correctly. 

I'm on Windows 7 x64  with latest Beta of MT

I was occupied today , so didn't do too much with the platform,  but same thing again.  Backfilled at 10:30 am , and then bad volume data until the reset after hours.

I think it may be Ameritrade not connecting properly on the computer  waking  from sleep, have had to relog in a few times , but not 100% on that . Will try to figure it out tomorrow.

Was still getting the quotes all day (obvious, as the chart is complete, and theres no other source), so the connection was working as far as that goes,  don't know why real time volume is so incorrectly low

Using the @ESM20 symbol not @ES , which has worked fine till now.

Heres todays chart , easy to see the 10:30 issue, where volume is next to nothing all day after that (nothing magic about 10:30 , thats when I started it up)

image.thumb.png.c431fdd00a8d01c16bd97393a91a71d3.png

Edited by stock777