Medved Trader Forums

Canadian Stocks and Holidays

stargazer

I'm running MT with QuoteMedia Quotestream and also use Yahoo for delayed quotes. Yesterday was Canada Day July 01 - a holiday with markets closed. On my intra-day Canadian Stock charts there is a blank space for yesterday. Is it possible to remove /setup to adjust for Canadian Holidays? Thnx...Dave

:cc is the suffix for Consolidated Quotes from Quotestream which provides all the alternate exchanges plus the main exchange -TSX,TSX Venture or CSE. Just tried those 2 symbols using :V suffix (for Venture) and the R/T quotes match the Consolidated. (other than Vol is higher in the CC reflecting the Alternate exchanges) However, when using this symbology the Intraday charts now eliminate the Canada Day holiday -July 1. ??

And the :ca suffix also will provide same R/T/ unconsolidated quotes as using :V and also eliminates the Canada Day holiday.

Jerry, new issue today re: above. Using :CC I'm not getting today's data in Daily or in Intra-day charts for Canadian stocks,which has been working previously Using the :CA suffix today's daily and intraday charts are updating.(example  BRC:CA ) Quotes appear to be working in Portfolio window for either suffix with the:CC providing the complete "all exchanges" data volume and BID/ASK size.

Also, for the Canadian Securities Exchange (CNSX) , neither the Base suffix :CNX or Consolidated :CC is working to update Daily and Intraday charts for today's data.  I have been only using (before today) the :CC suffix for the CNSX stocks and was working fine for quotes and charts.(other than Canada Day Holiday blank intraday issue) For Example... try Generation Mining on the CNSX. Symbol is GENM. Quotes in portfolio work with either GENM:CC or GENM:CNX.

Followup after the latest Beta (installed yesterday). For :cc suffix stocks.(Quotestream) When I open a new Intraday chart (Ctrl I) the chart is defaulting the time frame to: "US Equity Markets" instead of Canadian Equity Markets. Same thing when opening a chart that is linked via symbol link from the portfolio window. Only way to change is to manually edit each chart via "View" >>Time frame to read "Canadian Equity Markets" But once these charts are closed or a new chart toggled via Portfolio linking then when the same symbol chart is opened again it defaults back to "Us Equity Markets " time frame.

In Settings >> Charts >> Time frames the default is set to "Canadian Equity Markets"