Medved Trader Forums

subscribe to a data feed

Chalp

Hi

I saw we can subscribe to a data feed, and teletrader seems the best (all that I need, iqfeed as well, but a little expensive for me).

So If I try to find teletrader from google, I arrive directly on their worldstation, no link for susbscribe or know the price.

Could you tell me more please?

Thanks.

Hi Jerry; perhaps you can take a deeper look at Lenza and partner. They have special bundles for customers partners platforms  at very convenient prices, as you can see in the example screenshot and with NO symbol limits.  They dont have lvl2 right, but MT is multidatafeed, so its easy to get lvl2 from brokers and the rest with Taipan.

21872564_Lenzpartnerpricingwithagena.thumb.png.e9042e77a31094cac542417d122b9337.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

the pricing is same as their workstation - $69/month and then depending on which exchanges you select. So IQFeed doesn't seem so expensive anymore 🙂

Hi

You found iqfeed no expensive??

Their answer:

For the level II stock data the following is needed:

IQFeed Core Service:                      $92 per month

Market Depth Premium:               $20 per month

NYSE Exchange Fee:                        $7 per month

NASDAQ L1 Exchange Fee:           $7 per month

NASDAQ Level II Fee:                      $60 per month

170/mth, for me it's expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with Webull's data feed?

I have account without any subscription, but got today promotional 3 moths L2 for Nasdaq only.
Looks little bit laggy at the bell in the morning, but after that worked fine.

I was comparing Webull L1 today with Tradingview and Questrade and looks ok (have paid data for both).

Anything I should be aware of, any catch, since there is no "free" stuff when it comes to data feeds?
At least MT scanning (1500 allowed) with Webull data source was on par with TradingView scans.

Edited by gnc

9 hours ago, Chalp said:

Hi

You found iqfeed no expensive??

Their answer:

For the level II stock data the following is needed:

IQFeed Core Service:                      $92 per month

Market Depth Premium:               $20 per month

NYSE Exchange Fee:                        $7 per month

NASDAQ L1 Exchange Fee:           $7 per month

NASDAQ Level II Fee:                      $60 per month

170/mth, for me it's expensive.

I don't recommend IQFeed's Level II feed as it does not quote anything on NYSE or AMEX. The combination that I'm using currently is:

IQFeed for Level 1:

image.png.df04f7279f2f73cadd5aa247ce558e9c.png
TD Ameritrade for Level 2:

$Free.99

That said, it would be really nice if MT could partner with someone like Sterling Trading Tech for market data -- https://www.sterlingtradingtech.com/products-and-services/platform-features/market-data/.

13 hours ago, gnc said:

Does anyone have any experience with Webull's data feed?

I have account without any subscription, but got today promotional 3 moths L2 for Nasdaq only.
Looks little bit laggy at the bell in the morning, but after that worked fine.

I was comparing Webull L1 today with Tradingview and Questrade and looks ok (have paid data for both).

Anything I should be aware of, any catch, since there is no "free" stuff when it comes to data feeds?
At least MT scanning (1500 allowed) with Webull data source was on par with TradingView scans.

Webull since a few days  have their best lvl1  free (from 2,99 )  and lvl2 (totalview) at 2,99 usd from 27,99 usd.  

Its not fast as iqfeed, but its reliable anyway and for that price is a gift. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gnc said:

Yes, looks promising, but as Jerry confirmed in another post, Webull doesn't update Prev Close till market open, so Pre Market scanning doesn't make sense

Neither Teletrader,  they do not have premarket at all.

Its Iqfeed the only who reset the day early (at 6 am if i remember). Quotemedia at 8 am.  Of course the costs are higher.

But there is a way to see in a list those stocks moving in premarket , using the alert system set to show volume last min > 0 . Not the ideal but efective and altmost free. (Btw, i'm using a very big list of symbols and its all ok)

Edited by merlin8121

2 hours ago, merlin8121 said:

Neither Teletrader,  they do not have premarket at all.

Its Iqfeed the only who reset the day early (at 6 am if i remember). Quotemedia at 8 am.  Of course the costs are higher.

But there is a way to see in a list those stocks moving in premarket , using the alert system set to show volume last min > 0 . Not the ideal but efective and altmost free. (Btw, i'm using a very big list of symbols and its all ok)

Both I am with, Questrade and TradingView (with pre-market option) have Prev Close at 16:00 which is workaround for now, but I want to have it with MT.
I am running 1500 scan of Webull in MT. Maybe the same could work with setting scan start time at 16:01 (have no idea how). Will try with Volume last min > 0. Thanks.

There is another possible  combination, using quotemedia datafeed for 120 symbols (about 28 usd) and subscribing Trade Ideas (about 85 usd using a 25% discount coupon).

This combination is perfect to have a complete scan of the market at all hours using Trade Ideas, and charting/trading with MT  (Trade Ideas have a special feature to link their windows with MT windows, so its possible to select a symbol from one of their list and automatically load it in MT (using the fast quotemedia backfeed or even Webull which is free.) .

For momentum traders is probably the best combination due to the fact that Trade Ideas scan all the market symbols, and MT dont need a big list/datafeed.

Edited by merlin8121

• 1 month later...