Medved Trader Forums

E*Trade Quotes - UPDATE

Jerry Medved

E*Trade made changes to the way their MarketCaster streaming quotes are handled. We are not able to connect to them now. We sent them a message asking to be allowed to connect, but not hopeful. Most likely E*Trade quote data support will be discontinued in Medved Trader. Trading will still work.  

For Quotes, I suggest switching to another source. If you don’t have one, you can get Webull login (can use with or without brokerage account. ) Just a free signup is needed. Following URL will redirect to the page:
https://medvedtrader.com/webullsignup

Another option is if you have another brokerage account that we support, you can use that for quotes. TD Ameritrade and Ally Invest for example. 

You will want to switch quotes to the alternate source top of the portfolio web page.
Also, if you trade through E*Trade in Medved Trader, you will want to do one more change:
* go to SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS
* click on your E*Trade account and specify “Alternate Quote Source” there.

We welcome your support, so if you would like to have the quotes from E*Trade work in Medved Trader, let them know how you feel.

Jerry Medved
2GK, Inc. / Medved Trader

21 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

1) after setting the alternate, did you restart MT?

2) do you have E*Trade selected elsewhere - 2 common places:
* Portfolio quotes

* INDEX Panel (INDEXES tab on the portfolio window)

Thanks, I had etrade linked with the portfolio quotes, so I think that fixed it.