Medved Trader Forums

MT Export Wipes out Intraday data for expired Contract

Doug Hayman

IB is my data source.

I think I narrowed this down.  I have intraday data for an expired contract (@MESM20), which I use for backtesting.  I am connected to my data source (IB).  I do an MT Export of everything including data.   After the export completes, if I try to access the expired contract's chart, all the data for it is wiped out, which was there prior to the Export.  Only effects this expired contract; all other portfolio data remains intact.

No, MT restart and MT export w/o exporting data preserves the data; problem only occurs for me on Export that includes data.  Since I trade on 2 machines, and routinely export/import, I need to only export when my MT environment changes, and not export data, to preserve this old expired data.  I just have to make sure I update data on both machines every 10 days which is max for IB intraday backfill.

I use the old data for my backtesting, so I need to do above to preserve expired data.  If it's easy to add option on export to preserve old data, that would be nice.

Edited by Doug Hayman