Medved Trader Forums

IPv6 required?

ex_hacker202

Jerry, having some major problems accessing a website I use every day, been trying to troubleshoot for several weeks with no joy - I've also noticed that when I temporarily lose IPv6 connectivity I get the MT "TDA data source not available" (or whatever it says) warning popup, and the data stream is indeed lost. Some of the troubleshooting tips I've found were to disable IPv6 on my ethernet adapter since hardly any ISPs or networks can actually use it, but I installed an app that shows all of my PC's open ports and protocols used, and sure enough, it's showing MT is using IPv6 for two connections:

Process Name    Protocol       Remote Port    Remote Port Name       
MT.exe              TCP IPv6       80                        http   
MT.exe             TCP IPv6        443                      https 

I assume this means I cannot disable IPv6 or MT will stop working?

Any clue why the internet connection app I'm using would report MT (and lots of other services) are using IPv6? And I'm 99% positive that when network diagnostics shows IPv6 is down I lose the TDA data stream - this is really weird. Another monitoring app tracking dropped connections shows TDA went down 7 times in the last 12 hrs:

Destination Address        Destination Host Name     Failed Count    
198.200.171.143       streamer-bin-tx.tdameritrade.com      7