Medved Trader Forums

TDAmeritrade "secondary security check" authentication pop-up window not working properly

spigglenut

I cannot get my TDAmeritrade data feed going on Medved because I cannot login to TDAmeritrade on Medved because the TDAmeritrade Authentication "secondary security check" pop-up window's "continue" button is always greyed out no matter what I do and thus will not let me click on it to progress after I enter a security text code or an answer to a security question in the windows above it. Using the latest version of Medved and latest updates and even uninstslled and then reinstalled Medved as I thought maybe it was a problem with the cache. Please help!

check that you are able to login to your TD Ameritrade account using Internet Explorer.  NOTE: Specifically Internet Explorer, NOT Chrome, Firefox or whatever else you may be using by default.

If you successfully login, then restart MT and try again

Also in an unrelated note note that you are using a 32 bit version of Win 7 and though that works, it will not be as stable as 64 bit windows. And though I cannot tell if the memory usage is accurte, but it seems low.

Jerry, I was able to fix it. Here is exactly what I did:

1-Tried to log into TDAmeritade using Internet Explorer 9 that was on my 32-bit Windows 7, but could not bring up any TD pages at all. So.....

2-I downloaded IE11 and upgraded my IE9 to IE11 and rebooted computer.

3-I was now able to bring up the TDAmeritrade homepage (https://www.tdameritrade.com/home.page) using IE11.

4- I did NOT login to my TDAmeritrade account ever, just left the TD homepage up.

5-Started Medved Trader. The TDAmeritrade Authorization "secondary security check" pop-up came up again, but this time the "continue" buttons were green colored and clickable (not greyed out anymore). I was able to enter a security text code and/or the answer to a security question, which I did, and clicked the green "continue" button and got the data feed going immediately in Medved. So full success.

*Note again I did NOT have to login to my TD account through IE11 to have success. Just brought up the TD homepage without logging in to my TD account and that was apparently enough.

Thanks for your help Jerry,

-Jamie