Medved Trader Forums

Have to Login to Questrade Often

Jafo

Hello,

I'm using Questrade for data feed and I have it set up for trading. I'm only using MT (ie. I'm not logged into the Questrade website or platform at the same time). Several times throughout the day I have to login/authenticate to Questrade. Is there a way to fix this or it's just the way it is?

Thanks

I am only logging into MT and not anything else and it still happens multiple times throughout the day. I get the "Log in to Questrade" window followed by the "Authorization Requested" window. Sometimes I just get the "Authorization Requested" window.  It sounds like its a Questrade problem and not MT. I was hoping there was a way around it but if not, I'll just have to keep re authenticating.

Thanks

I use Questrade and it works fine with MT. I had similar issues few months ago when Questrade updated some security settings on their side. I called their support and they walked me through deleting MedVed authorization on their website. Then they asked me to login from MT again. I don't remember exact steps, but it helped. I suggest you call them, hope you get a smart person on phone. :)

Not sure if matters, I don't use Questrade for data in MT. That is only when they don't allow you to login to multiple platforms. I can keep IQEdge open all the time with live data.

Edited by Kasper

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

I use Questrade and it works fine with MT. I had similar issues few months ago when Questrade updated some security settings on their side. I called their support and they walked me through deleting MedVed authorization on their website. Then they asked me to login from MT again. I don't remember exact steps, but it helped. I suggest you call them, hope you get a smart person on phone. :)

Not sure if matters, I don't use Questrade for data in MT. That is only when they don't allow you to login to multiple platforms. I can keep IQEdge open all the time with live data.

Thanks Kasper, I will keep that in mind. I set this up less than a month ago so this shouldn't be the solution but who know with Questrade. I've heard it's almost impossible to connect with Questrade support now so hopefully I don't have to call them!

Jerry,

Two things.

There was an error in MT earlier today but I closed that window too quick and don't remember what it was. It will likely show in the logs I sent. But I don't

think that had anything to do with my re-authenticating issue I mentioned because that has been going on since day one.

Second thing is that I was using the trial. That shouldn't cause the issue either since it is unrestricted. But I registered QT today so if it did have anything to do with it, registering should take care of it.

I have not had to re-authenticate since I registered MT. Usually when I sit down at my computer in the morning (MT running all night) I have to authenticate to Questrade. This morning is the first morning I have not had to do that since installing it. So it looks like it's resolved. I guess I shouldn't have procrastinated about registering for so long.

I see it get logged out regularly at about 30 to 40 minute increments and when it does, the token we use to automatically relogin is invalid, so MT has to request login again

this is an ongoing issue with them, but basically I think you have something else running that may be knocking MT session off.  does not have to be another app. could be web based stuff that connects to Questrade, such as Wealthica, Passiv or other sites.

As far as I know, nothing else is running that's connected to Questrade. MT runs on a separate pc which doesn't mean something wasn't connected on another pc. It's possible that a reboot of one or both pc's cleared the problem without me knowing it and it was just a coincidence that I registered at that time too. Now I have to authenticate to Questrade almost every morning but that seems acceptable to me since most secure apps timeout and require you to logon after a certain amount of time.

Thanks for looking into it. Everything seems good now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, gnc said:

Helped me ones with similar situation.

Login to QT and from web portal go to Settings > IQ API Settings > My trusted devices > Manage > "Remove All" devices and try MT again.

This actually helped. The steps are a little different so I missed it the first couple of times I tried. I had to click on my name and then on Settings and then click Manage beside My Trusted Devices and then click on Remove All. Pretty much the same as you said but I missed it. Anyway, once I did that, I have not had to log into Questrade from MT since.

Thanks!