Medved Trader Forums

switching symbols is painfully slow

ahujat

I have charts linked to the symbol link group, 5min, 15 min, 60min and Daily.

I have another 3 chart windows for which the symbols aren't changed.

When I switch the symbol, the new symbol takes noticeable time to refresh.

I have 10th generation Intel i7 and 16GB memory (out of which generally 2-4 GB is free most of the time).

What can be done to increase the speed of cjhart refresh when symbol changes?

you are tracking some of the highest volume symbols with a tick datafeed. Especially in the past 2 weeks, it would result in huge amount of data, so when switching symbols, MT has to compute all that. There are a few things you can do to improve things:

1) you have max # of days for charts set to 60 (that is 60 market days, not calendar days, so basically 3 month). your intraday charts don't use nearly that much. So if you can reduce that number to 20 or 30 or whatever you really need, that will improve things. (SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL)

2) you do not use tick charts it seems, yet the data settings are set to consolidate tick data to OHLC after 10 days, so result is that you have 10 days of tick data. That will greatly increase memory usage and time to recalc the charts. go to SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL and change that setting to 1.

3) this is a one time thing - delete the SDATA.BIN file - that will clear out all quote data (settings will not be impacted).  Close MT and the file is located in the following folder

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\2GK\Medved Trader\ 

Username is your windows username (starts with t)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...