Medved Trader Forums

Canadian data issue with Volume

stargazer

Jerry, when you get a chance please look at this. Attached chart for symbol SUGR:CC Note today's volume is "stuck" at 16,198, 650 which is incorrect. This was the actual volume on Feb. 16. Everyday, since then, at open the volume reads at this level and remains stuck throughout the day. It resets to correct volume for previous day's bar going forward. Also, when this occurs I no longer get current B/A quotes or sizing. Intra-day charts seem to be working fine with correct volume but without B/A data. This issue has occurred a few times before on small number of securities. SUGR was working fine up to Feb. 16. Tried deleting symbol closing MT and re-loading but doesn't correct.

Chart_Hist_SUGR!CC_2021-02-25-09_45_27.png

historical charts are set to "Real-time Updates" by default. that means that the last candle is built from the OPEN, HIGH, LOW and LAST values as shown on the portfolio window (NOTE: NOT INTRADAY Chart).  If you are not getting quotes on the symbol right now on the portfolio, that data may be stale. If you do open an intraday chart, it should update.

I have an open intraday chart all the time and it updates as I scroll thru off the portfolio window for a given security. All of my other Canadian :CC and :CA items are working for daily as well as intraday, other than SUGR at present. Problem seems to be (Maybe) the data is getting corrupted somehow as explained for the volume Today the volume  for ATS on SUGR is about 1,066,500 (from stockwatch.com which uses same data as quotestream) and not 16.2 million.  Here's what shows on my portfolio window:

Symbol        Last    Change    Chg%    Rng    Volume      Bid    Ask    Bid Size    Ask Size       
SUGR:CC    0.065    0.01    18.18181818        16,198,650                       

The "Last" portfolio quote matches the intraday "Last" but volume is wrong and no B/A data.

Quotes are started and running on the portfolio. I deleted my open intraday chart and reloaded a new Intraday chart. This removed the 16,198,500 volume which again was appearing for todays date. I get a Last quote price on on the portfolio (for:cc suffix) - but no Change ,volume or B/A for today. The new Intraday chart appears to be working. Opened a new daily chart, it corrected yesterday's volume but there is no updating bar for today (Feb. 26). If I use the symbol SUGR:CA everything is updating in the portfolio (showing today's vol at 14,126,800 now) and intraday charts are working. Closer look at SUGR:CC  the last quote is timestamped 13:15:35 and appears stopped at this time, while the :CA suffix symbol is showing time stamp for last quote in portfolio at 13:30:35.

if you are not betting volume, change, bid, ask, then the data in question is from backfill, not the Level I quotes. 

I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment.