Medved Trader Forums

Inability to Draw Object on an Intraday Chart

Doug Hayman

Running latest beta, and this has spuriously happened to me on several occasions, where I'm unable to draw anything on an Intraday Chart (line, circle, etc).

The "Hide" has been toggled OFF, so that's not the issue.

Are there any specific MT internal thresholds/maximums that would prohibit the drawing of an object on an Intraday Chart?

Thanks.

Edited by Doug Hayman

No, that is definitely not the problem.

Some further info though:  It is a function of that particular Intraday chart.  When I move to a different layout/chart, drawing works fine.  However, for the affected intraday chart, when I started MT up this morning, Drawing worked for all symbols in my portfolio on that intraday chart, except for symbol "@MESU21".  However, once I focused on the @MESU21 symbol in my portfolio, and then moved to another symbol, the Drawing stopped working on all symbols in that portfolio on that intraday chart.

I even shut down MT and restarted it again, and drawing DID NOT work again for all symbols in that portfolio for that intraday chart.  If I move to a different Intraday chart (different layout) for that portfolio, all works fine again.  If I flip back to the layout with the affected intraday chart, drawing stops working again.

I have intraday data set to the max, and I have intraday data for @MESU21 from 5/3/2021 to present day, and I don't want to purge the data, since I'm using for back-testing.

So maybe back-filling, in conjunction with that intraday chart caused this problem to manifest?????  I don't know.

Perhaps I should send you my data too????  If so, advise if you want to see a Full Export (with data), and the mechanism to send it to you (I forget how I get big files sent to you).

OK, further to this morning's post above, I've discovered the following:

The problem ONLY manifests with RENKO bars types and incidentally, P&F bar types.  If I use the @MESU21 data source stated above, using the affected Intraday Chart, and switch to Candle Type (for example), all works fine with drawing.  Switch back to Renko, and drawing doesn't work again.

Further, with Renko bars, drawing works with Renko bars Size 1 (and lower), but if I use Renko Bars Size 2 (or 4), drawing does not work.