Medved Trader Forums

Some of the pre-market candles are missing

Penny

if you explicitly select a source for backfill, that will be the source used for backfill

If you select SmartSource, then when a backfill is needed, MT will check where that symbol is already used (like if it is in a portfolio, what source that portfolio is using) or what active sources are running if that symbol is not in any portfolio. That way, if you have multiple portfolios going with multiple sources, it will get correct values.

For example, lets say you have a portfolio for stocks getting quotes from TD Ameritrade and one for crypto getting data from Coinbase. When you bring up a crypto symbol chart, MT would check already streaming data and if it finds that symbol being streamed from Cointbase, it will use that. Also it knows that TD Ameritrade does not support crypto and cointbase does, so would use that even if not in portfolio. And vice versa for stock symbol

if you want the gap in premarket, to be filled in, and you were not running MT getting quotes during that time, then you would need to click the backfill button on the chart after opening it.

Spike - yes, well, backfill (chart data) and realtime data are not always the same - I am sure if you cleared the chart in MT and backfilled, which would be the same as the webull chart, you would get same results.

that is a completely different issue.  there you have the LAST price at 5.01.  By default historical charts are set to real-time updates in which case the last candle is built from the OPEN, HIGH, LOW and LAST as shown on the portfolio (NOTE: NOT intraday chart).  In your case, the 5.01 is the current last price you have. Are the quotes running?

If you don't want historical charts to build last candle from quote, then turn off real-time update for historical charts on SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL

Issue1: 5.0.1 is not the last price Jerry, it was pre-market low, the spike was not there originally in the original webull chart at 8.27, the low was 7.76, I cleared the backfill but the spike didn't go away on the 3min chart

image.png.58345a224ad9d0246e384d1c3bcd8534.png

Issue2: price tracking stopped for a few minutes until the market open and cross hair re-appeared, I didn't capture that to show you.

• 1 month later...

I also have missing candles/gaps as well. If I manually backfill then the candles do eventually appear but sometimes it takes a few clicks to get them. This happens pretty regularly so am constantly backfilling manually. Any ideas? Thanks

Using Quotestream as data source but it happens with any source.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 171531.png

Screenshot 2021-12-01 171552.png

Thanks. Just curious why it's happening in the first place even during regular market hours. When I pull up a new ticker the charts auto backfill but there's very often missing candles so I have to manually finish the backfill. Not sure if there's a setting I'm missing.

don't think it should be happening for gaps during regular hours. If it does, then maybe you can do this:

1) before doing manual backfills, export everything with QUOTES
go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right
Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE and QUOTE DATA boxes.

Export (note the location of the file – it is shown in center of the right side of that screen)

2) try opening charts until you see one that got auto backfilled, but still left the gap that is during regular hours

3) send us the file you exported in step 1. NOTE: The file will be too large to email. Please send it to us using https://wetransfer.com/ 
Or one of the other cloud storage sites (dropbox, google drive, etc)
4) email us and include this URL in the email and indicate that you are sending the export  and which symbol you backfilled that had the issue.

this way we can match things up and also recreate it using the data that you had at the time