Medved Trader Forums

options chain window not remembering size settings on restart

stock777

• 2 weeks later...

figured out what the deal is.   You seem to be saving the layout on a per symbol basis ??? Not what I would expect. 

Changing the symbol and bringing up the options screen and the mods (font size, column spacing)  are not saved.

Edited by stock777

all windows are on a per symbol basis. Charts too. You can configure one and set it to be the default. (right click on caption ....)

NOTE: changing the symbol within the window would not lose settings. If you just bring up a separate option chain, then it is a separate window with separate settings.

now Im really confused. Not sure why I never noticed that with charts .   Never  saw charts changing their appearance as I switched symbols.   How would that per symbol thing even show up in a chart window ??

Guess the key here is Im closing the options chain then reopening.   Set it to default and looks good

Edited by stock777

you probably have your chart defaults set so the charts always come up with that default. 

if you double click on symbol A in portfolio to open chart, double click on symbol B and change the charts individually, then close the charts, and reopen, they would come up as you left them. If you then try to open chart for Symbol C, it would come up with either the default, or whatever you previously had for the chart for that symbol.