Medved Trader Forums

Rithmic connection error - Account Validation Login failed

Sasa

• 10 months later...

1 hour ago, Alkikedo29 said:

i tried to connect my rithmic since i open a evaluation account but rithmic showed to me a ¨connection failed¨. My internet connection is working properly. credentials are working. What can i do?

did you check the instructions at https://www.medvedtrader.com/rithmic 

Need to have it connect through R|Trader.  Please let me know if that fixes the issue.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Jerry,

I activated Rithmic trial. Login using Paper account for both Executions and data side. Rithmic is full running as seen in screenshots. But MT will not connect to any of the tweo service. I added Paper: in front of the account user, as mention in the document, but the validation return login failed. I am login into Rithmic all market data entitlement are active and running. still nothing. I also tried test account instead of paper account in rithmic login window, it did not worked either. I also tried to add PAPER: to data Source configure accounts as for Trading account. It did not work. Now do I need to be connected to the broker, Questrade in my case, to make Rithmic data and excecution work. I would think that their trial allowed us to use data and execution in their paper account without any other broker.  I will try to connect only to the data side using PAPER: I don't understant how their executions service work anyway if they are not a broker or FCM. Very confusing.

Also, any feedback would be apreciated for those next questions.

Do I need to Install C# API or C++ in order to use MT with Questrade API?

Is REST API reliable enough to send order from MT to Questrade ?

Anybody ever tried to send an live account order using MT and Questrade?

There must be slippage, delay involve using MT through Questrade API?

Regards,

38 minutes ago, Trader607 said:

Hello Jerry,

I activated Rithmic trial. Login using Paper account for both Executions and data side. Rithmic is full running as seen in screenshots. But MT will not connect to any of the tweo service. I added Paper: in front of the account user, as mention in the document, but the validation return login failed. I am login into Rithmic all market data entitlement are active and running. still nothing. I also tried test account instead of paper account in rithmic login window, it did not worked either. I also tried to add PAPER: to data Source configure accounts as for Trading account. It did not work. Now do I need to be connected to the broker, Questrade in my case, to make Rithmic data and excecution work. I would think that their trial allowed us to use data and execution in their paper account without any other broker.  I will try to connect only to the data side using PAPER: I don't understant how their executions service work anyway if they are not a broker or FCM. Very confusing.

Also, any feedback would be apreciated for those next questions.

Do I need to Install C# API or C++ in order to use MT with Questrade API?

Is REST API reliable enough to send order from MT to Questrade ?

Anybody ever tried to send an live account order using MT and Questrade?

There must be slippage, delay involve using MT through Questrade API?

Regards,

Edited by Trader607

4 hours ago, Trader607 said:

so you logged into R | Trader and selected the "Allow Plugins" during the login? I would need to see the log. Please send that:
Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

As for the Questrade questions, I answered those in the other thread.  and no, you do not need to do anything with Questrade in order to have Rithmic stuff work - totally independent.