Medved Trader Forums

order not going through and quote delay

3acor

Hey,

I had this issue happen to me before.

Submitted two orders (NVDA and BABA) between 9:30 and 3:32 and they didn't go through. They were just stuck there. Then I ended up getting filled without me even knowing a bit later on the BABA order.

Could it be because of volume imbalance at the open? For example on BABA on the first minute of open there was barely any volume

My broker is IB and my quotes are from Quotemedia

Another issue I had today is delayed quotes. I noticed the quotes on MRNA are like 20 seconds behind the time shown on the portfolio status bar but then it got fixed on its own
That was around 9:45-9:47am

Would like to know what could've caused these issues 

Thank you :)

41 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

orders not going through - you see them in TWS? Is the order showing a fill there but not MT?

once we send the order, we have nothing to do with them filling

QM - I did not see issues (was using it). Are you running high load layout, many symbols, charts etc?

I am using IB gateway. What it does it that in MT it shows me the order on the chart but with a lighter color than usual and it is just stuck there

I have two portfolios each running a scanner on 120 symbols (but same symbols in both portfolios), 4 screens,24 charts... maybe today it just happened because of the volatility.. yes the quotes got fixed later on but I think it was just in that instance that they were delayed

Edited by 3acor

1)Yes there is just the capsule showing in lighter color than usual but cannot get rid of it 

2) I sent the log. It is on BABA and NVDA at 9:32:08 . On the trade log they both are shown to be placed at the same time 9:32:08 which is weird? 
The one on BABA I sent it around 9:30 but for some reason I got filled later on and it shows 9:32:08

Thanks !

if it happens again, please send the log, together with the details in the comment for the log... shortly after the issue happens. Maybe also email a screenshot showing the stuck order. Otherwise if you wait too long, the logs get overwriten and also without screenshot/details, hard to find the stuff in the log file - like looking for a needle in a haystack

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tommyjames said:

I had simular problems today with my orders (IB) not executing and then 30 seconds or so later they execute.

Yes it is not the first time it happens to me, kind of sucks

I contacted them, had to change TWS API log settings so that I send the logs next time. 

Tried to upload MT logs but the upload wouldn't work...

2 hours ago, tommyjames said:

I had simular problems today with my orders (IB) not executing and then 30 seconds or so later they execute.

y, in the log that I saw, MT sent the order, and didn't get any acknowledgement from IB for about 60 sec. Then all came in, without MT reconnecting or anything.

1 hour ago, Jerry Medved said:

What do you mean about the Mt logs? I did get your log this morning

yes you did and thank you for that, it just wouldn't upload to Interactive Broker website when sending them a message. Apparently .txt isn't supported as attachment in IB

Edited by 3acor

yes even that wouldn't work.

Even, sent it also by email to the technical assistant's email address and he said he didn't receive

Anyway they mentioned that they may not know how to read MT log files, so will have to see next time the error occurs and send the TWS log files

• 2 weeks later...