Medved Trader Forums

Stop Loss placement Trade

zemuss

I use MedVed Trader with TDA and I have a question. I trade mainly options and have issues placing a STOP LOSS on an open Trade. 

When i open the Option I open a chart for the strike price i entered. I cannot figure out what the right order type is to set the stop loss. 

Thanks for the help in advanced.

if you already bought the option and just want to place a stop order, you can enter a "STOP MARKET" or "STOP LIMIT" order.

If you are placing an order to buy and option and wish to have the stop order automatically paced once the buy executes, you would want to place an OTA conditional order (One Triggers Another)

• 2 months later...

whatever conditional order you have entered, you would need to cancel  (all legs) and re-enter the order with the modified price and/or quantity - whatever you want to change. If the original order was OTOCA and nothing executed yet, then the entire OTOCA. If the initial order already executed, then you would cancel the remainder and just enter an OCA (or bracket) order as a replacement

I think i got it! Start with a OTA then Bracket Order 

i will try the bracket order after the initial trade execution..

Thanks, sorry just not used to this functionality yet. Any videos on it ?  Do i need to check TDA for that?

So the order is executed and after I am up 25% I like to place a TP and SL.. This would be my bracket order?

Edited by zemuss