Medved Trader Forums

Text Box Edits In Chart Revert

LogicalSpock2

Hello. I utilize text boxes (draw tool) in some of my open stock charts. If I edit the contents of a chart's text box, after some time, the edits sometimes revert back to the pre-edit value. Example, I'll have a text box value of "Ex 6/29 $100". If I edit it by highlighting it and changing it to "Pay 7/19 $100", then deselecting the box, it shows "Pay 7/19 $100" for a while, then an hour or two later .. or a day later, I look at it and it is back to "Ex 6/29 $100". Sometimes the edits stick, sometimes they don't. I know I can delete the original text box and create another one, but changing the contents of an existing text box saves a few clicks. Is there a way to get an edit to stick at the time of the edit?

we don't have anything that keeps various versions of the text entered in the box. Only thing I can think of is if you:
1) restore from backup 

2) somehow have the data copied between 2 instances of a chart and somehow are looking at a different instance.

#1 is straight forward. Are you doing any Reverting from backup or another export?

as for #2, if you can recreate it, then do so and then send us the log/settings by doing the following immediately after recreating:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment.   Also Please include the text was entered - if at all possible both before and after edit