Medved Trader Forums

Chart x axis

Arg

If I put PERIOD to 30 minutes the candle chart shows a time range of 15:30 to 16:00. This doesn't make much sense to me. It means I have to keep adjusting the bottom scroll bar. Why not make it automatically focus on on the current candle?

How can I set up the candle chart to show the last 150 candles (for example) and keep this in view on the chart without having to adjust anything. I have the tick chart doing this - but it is not obvious how to do it on a candle chart.

8 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

you can change the chart to show a fixed # of bars. PERIOD dropdown on the chart toolbar. Or keyboard shortcuts. 5, 6 and 7 are for 50 bars, 100 bars and 200 bars respectively

If I display 100 bars the end time is 16:00 and no current bars are on the visible part of the chart. To get the current bar in view (unless we are near the end of the day) requires moving the bottom scroll bar. Isn't there a way to put in 100 bars and then have the current bar stay aligned in the far right position?