Medved Trader Forums

Placing Market orders

58LesPaul

Every time I try to place an order it is a limit order. I went to New Order Defaults and changed the Order Settings to Market on Stocks and Options. I assume the Options tab takes care of futures like ES? How can I edit the orders so they are market orders so all I have to do is select buy or sell and the market order is placed?

Also on top of the order capsule is a smaller capsule that says Total: 18,648 and the number changes as I move the order up and down the price scale. What does that mean? 

Thanks

on charts the default is LIMIT order and you click where you want the price to be.  However, you can show the different order types on the chart - TRADING tab, Trading Settings, Show Order Types...   Then you can select MARKET and it will also be the default if that is the default for the account.

as for the Total - that represents the order total so if your QTY is 10,00 and the capsule is at 186.48, it is just QTY * Price (and for options times the 100 multiplier).