Medved Trader Forums

Average Volume and Volume %

kjo

Hey Jerry.  Thanks for all you do - I was delighted to find you are working on a brand spanking new MedVed Trader.

I'm finally switching over to MV Trader from the old & increasingly rotten & no longer supported & recently (this week) sporadic realtime in the TD Ameritrade MedVed QT. 

I've chosen TD Ameritrade as the data source for both intraday and historical charts.  But only a few symbols are showing Average Volume and Volume %.  I see no "Refresh Fundamental Data" option in MV Trader. 

In the old QT one could hover on a chart and see the intraday high & low & I can't find that either.

What might I be missing?

Kristi

MT does not have a separate fundamental data source. So whatever the datafeed you use returns is what MT shows. In the case of TD Ameritrade, they do not provide Average Volume.  MT does compute the average if it can - If you view a Historical chart on a symbol and MT does a Hist backfill (which it should by default), MT will recalc the average volume. That is what you are seeing

Actually, I notice the avg volume and % volume is showing for the stock I am in, however, it is not showing for the rest of the watchlist for the day. Hoping to see these as soon as Jerry can get them going !! That vol % is really a very helpful indicator in deciding what the stock is likely to do that day, given its volume performance of the previous few days. Would love to see it for all stocks on the screen !!