Medved Trader Forums

Data issues

jbclem

I'm using TWS Build 936.9I Nov 7, 2013  .  No problems connecting.   There is a problem with phantom bars, but I'm not sure if it's a MT problem, IB, or TDAmeritrade.  Backfilling doesn't solve it.

Phantom bars, in QT used to manifest themselves as a duplicate bar next to the most current daily bar.  They would usually disappear when the market opened the next day.  Right now, In MT, most recent update, I'm getting a non-duplicate phantom daily bar, it has a date of 12-07-13 and is a different size on each of two different symbols.  I might have had this problem on the previous build, but on some earlier builds it wasn't seen.

Another data related problem:  starting with last Weds, I'm getting gaps in the two intraday charts I have up. 

Weds 12-04-13   TRIP: 15 min bars begin at 8am end at 12:45     MYL:  15 min bars begin at 9:30 am end at 12:45pm

Thurs 12-05-13   TRIP 15 min bars begin at 7:30am end at 12:45   MYL: 15 min bars begin at 10:30 am end at 12:45pm

Friday 12-06-13  TRIP 15 min bars begin at  8:15am  end at 12:45  MYL: 15 min bars begin at 10:30 am end at 12:45pm

All previous day show the 15 min bars begining at 6:30am end at 12:45pm

Extended hours (Default..Never)

Timeframe: US Equity Markets

I'm using IB, AMTD, and YAHOO. 

John

On historical charts, you will most likely find that the data matches what shows in the quotes for the symbol because the default is to show real-time data for the last day.

issues with TRIP - are you using Pacific Timezone ? so your 6:30 is 9:30 US Eastern?

can I assume you tried backfilling? If so, which source?

If the backfill does not fill in the gap, then could you please ZIP and send me the data file - its huge so zipping is very important :).  Maybe via Dropbox or similar?

The data file is SDATA.BIN and will be located in your "Local" directory. If you go to Help/About, you can click on the LOCAL link to open it.

Thanks

Jerry