Medved Trader Forums

Automated trading

edward40

Question

Is this anything that is planned for?

At a bare minimum, the ability initiate a trade based on a paint bar alert may work.

I have zero experience in automating trading, but I see potential in the MT charts that I do not see elsewhere.

Features and options used in MT are physically much clearer than other platforms.

If anyone out here has experience with other platforms and creating automated systems, please contact me.

5 answers to this question

I came across some old information whereby someone created a Perl scrip to automate trading through QT's paint bar alert system.  Pretty interesting, unsure how robust it would be though.

It used all free software to do it as well, which was quite amazing.

I came across some old information whereby someone created a Perl scrip to automate trading through QT's paint bar alert system.  Pretty interesting, unsure how robust it would be though.

It used all free software to do it as well, which was quite amazing.

I have tried it and I noticed:

1) QT is more slow of MT to update the charts

2) the process QT -> server mail -> perl script -> Bracket Trader -> TWS is very slow, the order starts 2/3 second late

The Automated Trading in MT would be the optimum, but also MT + BT + TWS would be a good option without servermail+perlscript