Medved Trader Forums

Charts

alextrader777

Also, can you please send me your settings and data. 

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check QUOTE DATA

Export, then send the file to me. NOTE: the file will be too big to email when you include the quote data.  So easiest thing to do is send it using https://www.wetransfer.com/

Basically, if/when this happens, the best thing to do is: stop quotes, make sure you can repeat the problem by switching frequencies, export both the setup and the data to a file and get us the file, with the instructions on the steps to recreate the problem...

Believe me, when we can recreate the problem, it is a lot easier to fix than just from description.

I am trying to help since I like MT, but I don't always have the time to provide the exact details and files that you request.

Maybe it's better that you watch the charts at the pre-market and at the opening with IB feed and Google, at the different time frames. It usually shows the discrepancies, if and when they occur. 

right but where were you reading it? In the box showing the values or on the Y axis? The reason I asked is there is no "Last" on candles.  There is only Close, which is shown with a C in the trace box.  If you have the chart set to show extended only until market opens, then the 60 min candle at 9:00 will change when the market opens to only show data from 9:30 and on. 

If you can't get the files, can you send just the screenshot of the chart in question to support?

you made me go to Yahoo for the first time in over a year, and the email still doesn't work in Chrome :)

In MT, right click on the chart and select COPY.  

In Yahoo mail, while the focus is in the area where you type the message, just PASTE the image - you can right click and select PASTE or just hit CTRL+V

Jerry, I have just emailed you the screen shots of SPY , the discrepancies between daily and 60min charts on the pre-market.

60min is stuck on some price and not moving. Prices are different, and the price action are different too. First bar should be the same for Daily and 60min.

Other time frames, except 60min, are showing ok though.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the late response.

1) when you say you are trying to backfill with those various sources, are you clearing data before backfilling? If not, it won't do any good

2) if backfilling with IB, there is an option for Hist Backfill (in SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / Configure Accounts .. with IB Selected) whether or not the hist backfill for stocks should be RTH for stocks.  Do you have it checked?