Medved Trader Forums

Futures - Price in Trading Capsule & Trade Ticket Window Move in Incorrect Increments

EvanAlmighty

I've been experiencing an issue with MT every so often when trading Futures. Usually, closing and reopening MT will fix it, but for some reason that isn't working anymore.

Trading @MESH23 for example.

When I move the capsule on the chart, it'll move in .25 increments as that's how the price moves (3904 -> 3904.25 -> 3904.50 -> 3904.75 -> 3905). But as soon as you open a Trade Ticket window or clear intra-day data, it defaults the contract to changing in .10 increments in both the chart and the Trade Ticket window (3904 -> 3904.10 -> 3904.20 -> 3904.30 -> 3904.40 -> Etc.).

This makes it impossible to set any order unless it falls perfectly on round numbers and/or half (3904/3904.50). Is there a way to reset the chart and Trade Ticket window to change in the correct increment? When clearing intra-day data, if you have the capsules already placed in the chart, somehow this will prevent it.

As I said before, usually when this happens I'd close MT and restart it and everything would function normally again, so long as I don't open a Trade Ticket window or clear intra-day data. But if the candles aren't printing correctly, I need to clear it, so the issue presents itself. Now it seems to be permanently stuck in this state. 

This will also only affect the current contract. If I switch over to @MESM23 for example, it'll function correctly, unless I trigger the issue by doing what I stated above.

Picture below gives an example of the capsules on the chart:

Ex 1.png

Edited by EvanAlmighty